One of the most widely known e-commerce platform is Magento 2 which has evolved past with various features and technical knowledge. The new version of Magneto has got into innovations that can be robustly grown and formed into new technicalities. It is a famous platform among the merchants who are keenly interested in setting-up an online store. We will guide step by step here to how to install magento 2.
The ones who are creating their online store through Magneto’s features, they can now speed-up their sales with the updated version. People who are new to the e-commerce platform and want to set-up their own business, they can do so with accommodating terms of the Magento 2. Here are some simple steps that you can follow to install Magneto 2 on your windows –
There can be several ways to install Magento 2 but before you do so, make sure that you have done the following –
- Set up a server that relates with Magento system requirements.
- Create the Magento file owner system.
Before we begin with the installation process, you need to get access of the Magento download resource and select the software or sample data.
Here, we will inform you about the version 2.2.1 for the actual set-up and installing of Magento 2.
Transfer Magento Archive with Filezilla to the hosted system
- Login to the host/managed server
Choose Protocol, and then enter – Host, Account and Password.
You may use the FTP or SSH account.
- Select the folder where you want to locate your Magneto 2 on the system. Here, you will be required to transfer achieve from the local system to the public_html directory.
- Click on the right to locate your Magento 2 on the system and then click Upload to the folder/local/ampps/ usr/testers.
Extract the Achieve
Login to SSH and extract it after moving achieve to the host system. You can either use the command like PuTTY on windows and SSH on Linux systems. Follow these steps –
- Login to SSH
Here, you need to enter – Host, Account and then the Password.
- Go into the folder where the Magento achieve is placed. There you need to type the command cd.
- Furthermore, give the command ls to all the files that are present in the folder.
- Again, type the command cd in the folder containing Magento 2 achieves.
- Give the command unzip Magento as – CE-2.2.11- (date ex – 2020-02-24) – 04-50-43.zip –d magento 2.
You need to remember that Magento 2 will be the folder where the unzipped files will be available after the procedure of unzip.
- Unzip the archieve
- To change the permission of those folders, you need to give the command – chmod –R 777 var pub. If you do not change the permission for folders, you will get a printing error in exception.
Note: The command here is for the testing of store and not for the live use of the website. To stay secure, you should follow the guidelines that are already mentioned.
- Get access to the web server’s root and there you need to create the database.
- Lastly, fill in the required information and then click on Create.