It can be simple to understand what ranking a site on Google means. However, it may not be easy to know that it takes a lot of strategies and inputs to get the desired output. On-Page SEO is also known as On-site SEO which is a practice of optimizing sites to make them rank high on top search engines. It is a suitable way to make your site’s web pages appear on the first page of the search engine and get heavy traffic on the website. More so, it will increase your site’s value and bring in customers who are actually your target audience.
People who are new to the term may take some time to understand it completely. While talking about On-Page SEO, people might get it confused with Off-page SEO. It, too, helps in bringing the site’s ranking up on search engines like Google, Bing and others.
Some people have the idea that just placing keywords will be enough for on-page SEO. Although it matters, there are other things as well that you need to learn. Some of the common on-page SEO practices are – optimizing the title and heading tags, content, URLs, internal links, and a few others.
What’s the importance of On-Page SEO?
Google and other search engines look at your web page content in order to determine if it’s relevant according to the search query. It highly makes sense to put in target keywords alongside appropriate content. More so, these search engines have algorithms that work on other aspects as well. Meanwhile, your content and keyword placement are important, but you also need to improve your quality.
The importance of on-page SEO is so much that even if you are using good material but lacking a few marks will not give you any result. For example – if your content is about biscuits, but you have not included the top-selling ones, then Google will look for more relevant content.
More so, putting in target keywords in the heading tags and applying them to other strategies will increase the web page ranking. Hence, as people know more about these terms, they ask – “How to do On-Page optimization in SEO?” Well, to answer them, we have listed some of the basic terms in this article.
How to do On-Page SEO?
In today’s time, Google and other search engines have become more smart and innovative than they were back then. With that, the on-page SEO techniques involve a lot more than simply placing keywords into the HTML of your page. Also, you need to understand that SEO On-Page and SEO Off Page are two different scenarios. More so, in 2021, you need to optimize your web page and its content according to the –
- User experience
- Search intent
- Dwell time
- Bounce rate
- Click-through rate
- Page loading speed (specifically on mobile devices)
Many onlookers of the website get their minds off when they see a few things lacking. To fulfill all the check-points of on-page SEO, you need to look through the following strategies –
• Title tags – You can place your keyword in the title tag of the web page. There are some practices that you can apply for writing attractive and good title tags. Firstly, make an effort to limit your characters to upto 50 to 60 for each title tag. More so, don’t go for keyword stuffing and try and place the keywords at the beginning.
• Headings – They are the most impactful words in your content, and they give a high reach on Google searches. Also, it lays a good impact on the reader and other aspects of search engines. It is an effective method to enhance the content of your page.
• URL structure – You can place your keywords into the URL of your page. It is important to note that you do not change old URLs as they act as a direct chain between you and the user. More so, you can label the directories as they may sound sensible.
• Alt text for images – If you are placing up content on your website, make sure you add “alt text” into your images. It is not visible to your page visitor, but it makes your content images understandable to the users.
• Mobile-friendliness – More than a laptop and other devices, Google gives more preference to mobile-friendly sites as smartphone users are increasing daily. Thus, it is important to optimize your site according to the standards of mobile phone users.
• Fast-loading pages – When any user makes a search on Google, its algorithm goes through different sites with relevant content. Furthermore, it gives more emphasis to quick-loading pages.
• Internal linking – When you link your site to other pages, it is beneficial for both visitors and the search engine. However, while you add internal links, make sure you have the right anchor text. All in all, selecting the word should be prominent in comparison with the page.
Conclusion – Here is some relevant information regarding the On-Page SEO for any website. The working or parameters depends upon the type of website and its field. More so, it is important to understand that SEO On-Page and Off-Page are two different terms. Furthermore, if you need any help, you may contact us directly, and we will provide you with apt information.