With WordPress, you can create a website of your own choice. You can add whatever feature you like and create the site per your own terms. Also, with WordPress, you can build online learning systems for your desirable customers or users.
While combining the right extensions and features, you can convert your website into an LMS or Learning Management System of your choice. It will allow you to offer online courses to students and many other forms of learning that you can provide with much ease.
What is a Learning Management System?
As the name suggests, LMS or Learning Management System is a technique through which you can create a website that hosts online courses. For those who are not much aware of LMS, you can go through the following positive aspects –
- More Profitable: When you create a learning management system on your website, you are allowing users to purchase your courses in a much-simplified form. Also, it gives a continuous approach to selling your services without changing them every time.
- Grow Connection: You will be able to build a stronger connection with the people you reach out to through your goods and services. In short, it will help to modify the database and build a strong network.
- Better communication: You can create an open connection between your user and the brand through online classes. Furthermore, it will help in growing your business to the next possibilities.
- Less Investment: While you may require to sell your services through pamphlets, here, you do not have to spend anything on printing, training venue, and other aspects. For those who are less aware, you use WordPress LMS and provide customers with what they require.
- Maximum Reach: The reach of an online course is far more convenient and adaptable in comparison with an offline course. Also, you can take up as many classes as possible without investing in any physical part.
How to build a WordPress LMS?
In order to create your own Learning Management System in WordPress, you must go through the plugins of WordPress. Alongside, you can follow the simple steps of how you can build an LMS for your website. Also, it will look through the purpose of your website and what grounds you need to run it.
Step 1. Choose the Field/Topic of LMS
Once you know the type of topics you need to cover for your learning management system; after that, you can begin with setting up your project. Furthermore, you need to require your goals and work according to them. Here are some points that you should be clear about –
- The prime source of information
- Setting up the learning goals
- Arranging the content
- Making your LMS different from others
- Keep a marginal price for your services
You can set up different approaches to making what’s on your mind possible. Some researchers suggest that if you can provide something extra for free, it will bring in more customers for you. It will also help you show them what you have and let them decide on the next steps.
Step 2. Design a structure for your WordPress
As you are done planning the prime focus of the site, the next thing you have to do is plan a structure for your LMS. It means you have to decide the number of pages that will be included in your site’s learning system. In short, it’s kind of an index that you need to the layout before creating content for other pages. You first need to publish the following pages –
- List of online courses
- “About us” Page
- Reviews or testimonials
- Available forms
Tip: It is seen that a complex structure of a website will take more time and will also be harder to implement as an online LMS. Thus, you should go for a simple one and do not vary among different classes for the very best.
Step 3. Choose a Desirable Plugin
Many plugins are specific for setting up WordPress LMS on the website. Here, we have listed some of the best ones that you can choose from –
- LearnDash: It’s a popular plugin that can help with useful functionality as per the user’s content, enrolment system, and more. More so, it’s unable to integrate with WooCommerce and other functionalities.
- LearnPress: This one is a free option and includes a drag and drop course builder that supports quizzes and other options. In addition, you can sell online courses without any inconvenience.
- LifterLMS: Now, here is a plugin that’s a mixture of two plugins that offers a broad range of add-ons. More or less, it can be quite affordable as it offers great functionality. Here, you get a broad range of features that include – a course builder, quizzes, and more.
For now, we can say that the online learning management system will be a great success as more and more people are shifting towards online services. Similarly, it will be easier to set up your LMS using WordPress. In addition, you can hire a WordPress developer to make your LMS look more professional, simple yet impactful on the user’s experience.